On June 19, 2014 I hope you were one of the almost 300 attendees that attended our annual Pyramid Awards Dinner. If not, you missed out on an exciting evening, excellent food and great networking.
I’d like to list in my column this month my top 10 list of accomplishments for the year that I briefly discussed at the Pyramid Awards Dinner. Here you go:
10. The Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) generated press releases resulting in over $500,000 in trackable print & electronic media coverage.
9. Re-Launched the Silicon Valley Young Professionals (SVYP) and held several events during the year including a Big Wig Session at the 49ers Preview Center.
7. The Convention and Visitors Bureau’s Convention Sales, Marketing and Services department increased future hotel room night bookings by 45% over last year.
6. Santa Clara Convention Center’s December revenue was the highest ever to date for that month.
5. The Chamber increased Pyramid of Leaders membership by 42% over previous year.
4. Santaclara.org website continues to average over 50,000 unique users per month and is our number one source for obtaining convention and meeting Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
3. Santa Clara Convention Center is projected to end the year with a profit for the fourth year in a row and is forecast to do the same next fiscal year.
2. The Chamber’s Government Relations Committee reviewed and acted upon over 50 bills that were to impact the business community.
1. Held the inaugural Silicon Valley Chamber Business Xpo bringing together 100 exhibitors, nine different chambers and close to 1,000 attendees.
Again, these are just a few highlights of what we are doing for you, our members, while you are busy working on growing your business.
Please let me know what you think we should focus on next year to assist your business growth. I can be reached at email@example.com or at 408-380-1231.
Steve Van Dorn
President and CEO of the Santa Clara Chamber of Commerce & Convention-Visitors Bureau