I hope you had the opportunity to attend our Pyramid Awards Dinner on June 13. If not, we had over 260 people in attendance that enjoyed great networking, great food and great silent auction items. We also acknowledged three chamber members that contributed immensely to our Chamber last year, presented three $700 scholarships to well deserving Santa Clara Unified School District high school seniors, acknowledged our outgoing Board Members and welcomed our incoming Board Members.
Our outgoing Chair, Doron Noyman, thanked the members present for their support over the last year, and I presented a video highlighting our many accomplishments. Since some of you reading this column were unable to attend the Pyramid Awards Dinner, I have listed below just a few of our major accomplishments for the 2012-13 year.
Membership and Programs:
• New membership revenue has exceeded goal by over 30%
• Pyramid of Leaders increased by 27% to a total of 14
• Launched Save Local Now program exclusive to our members
• New programs called Walk-about Wednesdays and Breakfast with the Chair were added
• Santa Clara Chamber PAC (SCCPAC) was successful in endorsing three of the four elected City Council Members
• Partnered with Silicon Valley chambers and met with legislators in Sacramento
• Reviewed and acted upon over 75 bills
Convention and Visitors Bureau:
• Won the bid for Super Bowl L (50) to be held in 2016 representing 15,500 hotel room nights in Santa Clara County
• Holiday need period bookings up 9%
• Launched FREE Visit Santa Clara iPhone App
• Received over $500,000 in free publicity through media releases and interviews
• Received Event Venue Excellence Award from the Silicon Valley Concierge Association
• Gross revenue projected to be $800,000 over budget
Even though an improving economy is uncertain, we remain optimistic with all the positive development discussions that are taking place and current projects that are under construction today. We also know that by working together with our members, elected officials, City staff and community we will continue to make Santa Clara a great place to work, play and raise a family.
Thank you for your continued support of the Santa Clara Chamber of Commerce and Convention-Visitors Bureau.