I hope you had the opportunity to attend our Pyramid Awards Dinner on June 14. If not, we had over 200 people in attendance that enjoyed great networking, great food and great silent auction items. We also acknowledged three chamber members that contributed immensely to our Chamber last year, presented two $2,500 scholarships to well deserving Santa Clara Unified School District high school seniors, acknowledged our outgoing Board Members and welcomed in-coming Board Members.
Our Chair, Doron Noyman presented his vision for the upcoming year, and I reviewed our accomplishments over the past year. Since some of you reading this column were unable to attend the Pyramid Awards Dinner, I have listed below just a few of our major accomplishments for the 2011-12 year.
Membership and Programs:
• New membership revenue has exceeded goal by over 15%
• Renewal revenue is up 20% over last year
• Pyramid of Leaders increased by 25% to a total of 11
• Launched Member of the Month videos
• Successful in helping pass Measure A (Santa Clara Unified School District Parcel Tax)
• Successful in helping pass Measure C (West Valley-Mission College Bond Measure)
• Reviewed and acted upon over 75 bills
Convention and Visitors Bureau:
• Short term bookings up 23%
• Holiday need period bookings up 9%
• Formed Santa Clara Sports Group
• Received $250,000 in free publicity through media releases
• Received 8th consecutive WRAP Award for our recycling efforts
• Total revenue projected to be $750,000 over budget
Even though an improving economy is uncertain, we remain optimistic with the positive signs we are seeing and know that working together with our members, elected officials, City staff and community we will continue our work together making Santa Clara a great place to work, play and raise a family.
Thank you for your continued support of the Santa Clara Chamber of Commerce and Convention-Visitors Bureau.